Contains fibre, iron and potassium. It’s dairy-free and super tasty.
– Plain spelt flour, 1.1/2 cups (180g)
– Coconut flour, 1/2 cup (60g)
– Coconut oil, 1/2 cup (Vita Coco is top quality!)
– Coconut sugar, 1/2 cup (60g)
– Honey, 3 tblspn
– Cinnamon, 2 tblspns
– Banana, x3 large
– Blueberries, handful (I used Keelings 🙌🏼 )
– Free range eggs, x2 medium
– Baking soda, 1 tblspn
– Pinch of salt
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2) Grease the sides and base of your loaf tin (I used a silicone one) with some additional coconut oil. you can do this easily using disposable kitchen paper.
3) Add the plain spelt flour and coconut flour into a mixing bowl, followed by the baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Sieve and mix well.
4) Mix coconut oil, coconut sugar, eggs and honey until the mixture is smooth.
5) Squash the bananas into a purée using a fork (the riper, the better), and mix all separate mixtures together
6) When the batter is smooth, add in a handful of fresh blueberries and gently mix them into the batter.
7) The loaf tin should only be filled slightly above half way as the dough rises high. I was left with extra batter, but not enough to fill a loaf tin so I made some muffins with silicone muffin cups!
8) If you’re doing the muffins, bake for about 13 mins. for the bread, I’d suggest 45-55 minutes.
9) Stick a skewer into the middle of the loaf and if it comes out clean, you’re good to go! Enjoy 👌🏼